In cae anyone is unfamiliar with the Abbaye de la Chaise-Dieu, here's an URL
that offers a 360 degree visit. I searched everywhere for photos on line of
the stupendously magnificent tapestries that line the monks' choir with no
luck. The virtual tour gives but a taste, a glimpse of them at a distance.
If you ever visit Auvergne and have a chance, don't miss this place. The
tapestries are not technically medieval, but they are fabulous, best I've
ever seen and, yes, I've seen the Apocalypse at Angers. The town's adorable
too.
http://www.abbaye-chaise-dieu.com/#
MG

to: [log in to unmask]