Hi Stephen,

I think TWM may have a toe in the fashion & textiles one, and maybe getting
involved with the disability history one too - I'm not entirely sure.

I, as you'll have noticed, am leading the Contemporary Collecting for urban
social history SSN.  We have a meeting of lead partners (Liverpool, Croydon,
Rotherham, Reading, Museum of London, Bristol, Birmingham) on 28th April in
Birmingham to discuss the issues and potential ways forward.  I hope also to be
able to organise another seminar, probably in the southwest, hopefully in May,
for wider dissemination of the initial meeting and further discussion, which
would be open to anyone who cares to show up!  I'd be very interested to know
if other museums are keen to get involved. At the moment  I'm keeping the
intial meeting limited to the lead partners for ease of administration within a
tight funding deadline, but obviously if there is wider interest then I'd like
to know about it!

Hope this helps,

Zelda

Zelda Baveystock
Keeper of Contemporary Collecting/ SHCG Chair
Tyne and Wear Museums
Discovery Museum
Blandford Square
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4JA

direct line 0191 277 2196

the system manager.
All incoming and outgoing e-mails are monitored for the presence of
profanity and racist remarks, pornographic, sexually explicit or obscene material, and unsolicited content or spam.
www.mimesweeper.com
City of Newcastle website:-  http://www.newcastle.gov.uk
Newcastle Schools website:- http://www.newcastle-schools.org.uk
Competitive City:- http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/compcity
Visit NewcastleGateshead:- http://www.visitnewcastle.co.uk

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG.

To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST