I've sent a request for such a wiki to http://moodle.cabweb.net

We'll see what happens??

-----Original Message-----
From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of CHRIS JEFFRIES
Sent: 09 March 2005 08:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] How widespread is the use of the term (and the concept) of e-learning?

How about a Wiki. Does anybody run one. If not. www.moodle.org runs a public Moodle and Moodle has a Wiki facility.

It seems to me this would be a really good tool for creating a collabartive text, and it would be fascinating (for me anyway) to see it being used in this way.

(Those who know, ignore the following...

A Wiki is a collection of through-the-browser edittable web pages with a version control system. Anyone can edit the page in any way. Any changes are logged and the change log can be inspected  - so you can see who changed what. (It is possible to roll back changes if someone makes mischievous
alterations.) In addition, you can turn text on the page into a hyperlink and this opens up a fresh page. )