Peter,

On 2005 Mar 11 , at 15.08, Peter W. Draper wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Norman Gray wrote:
>
>> I'll try and work out some portable way of checking whether
>> denormalized numbers generate FPEs at configure time, and
>> conditionalise on that appropriately.  It'll presumably mean that the
>> Linux_g77 case will end up being in the minimum-denormalized case, but
>> that appears to be correct anyway.

I've done this, and the result appears to be correct for Alphas and
ix86/Linux.

> I'd guess there's nothing more significant to all this than the copied
> files worked!

Don't you just love magic....

I realise I still haven't addressed the issue of the number of
significant figures required for floats and doubles.  I'll sort that
shortly, as I've got to come back and fix a self-test that I broke on
g77.

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk