On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Peter W. Draper wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Rankin, SE (Stephen) wrote:
>
> > The Solaris build does not look healthy.
>
> Yes, it may be related to a change that Norman made for me last night (to
> resolve more problems with Bug 34). I intend to have a look at that.

Hi Norman,

it does look like a problem introduced by the change yesterday. When the
per-library rules are now generated for pre-processed fortran they look
like:

routine.lo: routine.fpp

followed by some (libtool) command that expects to compile the .fpp file.
Naturally that doesn't work under Solaris as "fpp" has to be run first to
get the .f file from the .fpp file. So you'd guess that that rule (and
similar) should really be:

routine.lo: routine.f

to force a lookup of the rule to get .f from .fpp, or alternatively the
command part needs to be expanded to include conversion from .fpp to .f
when needed.

This explains the SLA and SUBPAR problems (but not the PSX one, that looks
more like the sh-v-bash file channel problem that went away).

Cheers,

Peter.