Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:43:50 -1000
From: Brad Cavanagh <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: Starlink OS X Beta 2 release now available

Hello,

I would like to announce the availability of the second beta release for the
Starlink Software Collection on OS X. Installation instructions and a download
link can be found at http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~bradc/starlink/install.html.
Information about the Starlink Project can be found at http://www.starlink.ac.uk.

This release does not offer much in the way of new functionality over the
first release, but it uses shared libraries that will allow you to upgrade
bits and pieces of the Starlink Software Collection without having to upgrade
large chunks (for example, if a bug in the AST library is fixed, all you have
to upgrade is your AST installation instead of everything that depends on it).
  This will allow you to quickly update software instead of having to wait for
large-scale releases like this one. This release also comes with a simplified
installation, using standard Apple Package technology to present an
installation program that you're probably familiar with. It will still install
into the /local-star directory, however.

If you have any questions about or problems with installing the software,
please feel free to contact me via email at [log in to unmask]

Cheers,
  Brad Cavanagh.