I’d like just to add something to Christopher’s arguments. Lenin’s heir
Stalin had studied in the seminary and prepared to be a priest. Obviously
this experience influenced his policy of promoting Lenin’s cult concurrently
with the destruction of churches, monasteries and clergy. Lenin became an
example of wisdom, honesty, courage, persistence etc. We can’t say that the
people approached him for intercession in Heaven, but they swore in front of
his body or images to be like him and to be worthy of his memory. Stalin was
also put into the mausoleum next to Lenin (who, bytheway, wanted to be
interred on the cemetery) but his “veneration” didn’t last.
Anyhow now Lenin’s cult is over although his corpse is still displayed.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]