Jim, when was the LePuy plenary granted?  (I agree, I'd love to be there!)
TGD

>>> [log in to unmask] 3/25/05 10:23 AM >>>

> Good Friday, by western Christian reckoning.  Of course not a feast
> day, but I felt I ought to mention it.
>
> The Annunciation, which feels strange to celebrate on Good Friday.  I
> assume that Good Friday trumps the Annunciation.  Is the A. moved to
> another day in years like this one?

Phyllis,
Whether or not this is the case, it is in years when the Annunciation falls on Good
Friday that a jubilee is declared at the Cathedral of Notre-Dame at Le Puy, when a
plenary indulgence can be gained.  What I wouldn't give to be there today!  I hope
this year's progresses more smoothly than the oldest attested jubilee at Le Puy in
1407, when seven deaths were reported in the crush of the crowds (inflated to 200
in some accounts).
Cheers,
Jim Bugslag

to: [log in to unmask]