Phyllis Jestice <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Today (15. March) is the feast day of:

Longinus (1st cent.) Starting out our run of Passiontide saints is
Longinus, the name given by tradition to the centurion at the
crucifixion who acknowledged Jesus as the son of God.

Respondeo:

Legend has it that John Wayne, as Longinus, said rather woodenly "Truly this man was the Son of God."

"Cut!" said the director. "Could you put a little awe into it, John?"

Take two: "Aw, truly this man was the Son of God."

I know, you've heard it.

Bill.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]