Dear Elena, You asked about medieval music for the organ..a good introduction is WILLI APEL, The
notation of polyphonic music, revised fifth edition (1961).  You will find organ tablature of Schlick's
Salve Regina.  A history of its liturgical function is in the Groves article.  An excellent CD of the
earliest organ music is by Kimberly Marshall, label Gothic.  You'll find wonderful illuminations of the
medieval organ in Marshall's book, Iconographical
Evidence for the Late-MEDIEVAL ORGAN IN FRENCH,Flemish and English Manuscripts. Garland
Press, 1989. vols. 1-2.  All best, Marijim Thoene

> From: Elena Lemeneva <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2005/03/10 Thu AM 02:27:08 EST
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [M-R] Church organs? Thanks!

> Dear Marijim Thoene,
>
> Thanks very much for these titles! I knew someone out there would know where
> to start looking.
>
> With best wishes,
> Elena Lemeneva

to: [log in to unmask]