Dear all
Here in Southampton we have been selling birthday cards, local history books, key rings, postcards etc and other items produced by the Council and other suppliers for some time. As long as the staff are trained,and  you use a till so that all income can be allocated properly , I don't think there are many problems. You may also need to set up a system of some sort for re-ordering stock and accounting for it.

Regards

Janet Moore, Area Librarian
Shirley Library
Redcar Street
Southampton
SO15 5ll
Tel 023 8077 2136
email: [log in to unmask]
This E-Mail is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that the unauthorised use or disclosure of the information it contains, or the unauthorised copying or re-transmission of the E-Mail are strictly prohibited. Such action may result in legal proceedings. If the E-Mail has been sent to you in error, please accept our apologies, advise the sender as soon as possible and then delete the message. Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 / Data Protection Act 1998, the contents of this email, whether it is marked confidential or otherwise, may be disclosed. No employee, Councillor or agent is authorised to conclude by email any binding agreement with another party on behalf of Southampton City Council. The Council does not accept service by e-mail of court proceedings, other processes or formal notices of any kind without specific prior written agreement. E-mails to and from Southampton City Council may be monitored in accordance with the law.