Dear All,
What would you like changed about the Cochrane Library? There is a request for changes (see below), I'd I'd like to compile a list of USER wishes, e.g, that the default search is the abstract and not the full systematic review text. Do you have specific suggestions? I will (1) compile a list and then (20 get a vote from folk, and finally send the whole lot to Wiley from the EBHC list.
Many thanks
Paul Glasziou
--------

At it's February 2004 meeting, the Steering Group approved the procedure
for introducing new developments / changes to The Cochrane Library on Wiley
InterScience.

This involves an annual introduction of new features or enhancements, with
Issue 1 of every year.

We are asking that all groups and individuals submit their change requests
using the attached form by 30 April 05.  We plan to make this form also
available on the website (www.thecochranelibrary.com)

In a nutshell, the process is...

1. All requests for new functionality, features, corrections, changes to
the way information is displayed, additional content or services must be
submitted no later than April 2005.

2. Change request forms [see attached] are to be used to submit
requests.  This greatly helps in the evaluation and prioritisation of
developments.  While all requests will be considered, we cannot guarantee
that they can be implemented.

3. Publication Policy Group (PPG) will review all requests and prioritise
for consideration and review by Wiley.

4. PPG and Wiley will together agree the developments for implementation.

5. Requirements documents, wireframes, information architecture and
functional specifications prepared for review between June and September
2005.

6. Development and testing will take place in latter half of 2005.

7. The October Colloquium in Melbourne will provide an opportunity to
showcase forthcoming enhancements.

8. Enhancements will appear in Issue 1, January 2006 (or as per an agreed
schedule)

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact Alisa Salamon,
Wiley InterScience Project Manager ([log in to unmask] ) or me on the
address below.

Deborah Pentesco-Gilbert
Managing Editor, The Cochrane Library
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd