Further to my message earlier in the week, I have been investigating further the new Legislative Observatory (OEIL) on EUROPARL (http://www2.europarl.eu.int/oeil/index.jsp)

The Simple Search facility is much easier to use, with a clearer layout than the previous version.  There is also an Advanced Search, if you want to be really clever!!

The problem of the missing links In the dossiers on the public version of the system seems to have been resolved.  In all the dossiers I checked they were all present and correct and the dossiers on our intranet and the public internet version now appear to be identical.

There are now more links available than on the old dossiers.  There is, for instance, a link to the Texts Adopted section where you can find the resolution and/or amendments which have been adopted following a vote in plenary.

There is also a link to Common Positions - BUT, this is not working properly at the moment.  I have emailed the organisers to tell them that there is a problem with these links.

The useful link to Pre-Lex is still available, but it has moved from the bottom of the page to sit next to the information about Council meetings.

The FAQ and Help links now work, which they did not do on Monday, and are useful.  The paragraph below is an extract from the FAQ page.

The home page gives a link to those procedures which will feature in the next plenary session - it was possible to do this before but that facility was tucked away and easily forgotten (well, it was by me anyway!)  It also gives information on procedures added today and COM documents received in the last 7 days.

The Observatory Tracker allows you to register an interest in particular procedures and be informed of any updates to the dossiers.

There is a link on the home page to email to the organisers if you have any comments or complaints (or compliments - I am sure they would be glad to hear from you!).

And of course if you have any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.

Avis Furness
Librarian
European Parliament UK Office