Hello folks, does anyone have any opinions / experience with OpenSearch?
http://opensearch.a9.com/
"OpenSearch is a collection of technologies, all built on top of popular
open standards, to allow content providers to publish their search
results in a format suitable for syndication."
(the popular standards are RSS 2.0 and XML)

OpenSearch is used by the A9 search engine / aggregator, see here for an
example search: http://a9.com/Stephen%20Downes , and here for and
example of what can be searched using A9 and OpenSearch:
http://a9.com/-/search/moreColumns.jsp?q=Stephen+Downes

If you've not guessed already, I came across this today through Stephen
Downes' blog
(if you couldn't find the URL through A9 then I probably shouldn't have
sent this message)

Phil

--
Phil Barker                            Learning Technology Adviser
      ICBL, School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences