*Apologies for cross posting*

The second meeting of the Northern branch of the Records Management Society will take place on Monday 21st March 2005 at the University of Huddersfield. The theme of the meeting is "Building Blocks for Record Management", and our sponsors for this meeting are Diagonal Solutions of Leeds.

The timetable for the meeting is as follows:

10.00 - 10.30 Arrival & Coffee
10.30 - 10.45 Welcome/Agenda for the day
10.45 - 11.15 Talk 1: "Introduction to Record Management" - Speaker to be announced
11.20 - 11.50 Talk 2: Dik Allison Allison Consulting - A Team Approach to Record Management
11.50 - 12.00 Questions/Discussion
12.00 - 12.15 Coffee
12.15 - 12.45 Talk 3: Diagonal Solutions - An Introduction to EDRMS
12.45 - 13.00 Questions/Discussion
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch
14.00 - 14.10 RMS North matters
14.10 - 15.30 Breakout session(s)/Forums
15.30 Close

The meeting will be held in room HWG/04 in the Harold Wilson building situated at the main entrance to the University. Parking can be reserved for visitors in the Wakefield Road car park (we will need the names of any visitors requiring car parking to inform security). Town centre and campus maps are available on the University Web site:  http://www.hud.ac.uk - "Visitors maps and guides". For visitors travelling by train, it is a 10 minute walk to the campus or there is a taxi rank at the station.

If you would like to attend please e-mail me at [log in to unmask] as soon as possible. Any adjustments to the agenda will be distributed nearer the date.

Our next meeting is provisionally booked for June 16th where we will be reviewing a working ERM system in Chester. Information about the June and subsequent meetings will be posted on the RMS North mailing list in the first instance. If you would like to subscribe to the mailing list please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] with SUBSCRIBE RMS-NORTH in the body of the e-mail. You can also subscribe via the Web interface by selecting "Join or leave the list (or change settings)" from the list's homepage. This can be accessed at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/RMS-NORTH.

We look forward to meeting you soon!

Best wishes,

Jamie

On behalf of the RMS North Committee

(Lawrence Rodgers, Jamie Burton, Dik Allison and Suzanne McLeod)

Jamie Burton
Records Management Consultant
Instant Library Ltd
Tel:       01509 268292