Dear Researcher

Please don’t reply to the list!  Apologies for cross posting.

This is a reminder to all researchers doing Qualitative Data Analysis that
the deadline for completing our online questionnaire has been extended to
the 25th of February 2005. Thank you to everyone who has already completed
the questionnaire as we have had a very good response. But we know some of
you may not have filled it in yet, so if you have time in the next 2 weeks
please do.

Our ESRC funded project “Online Support for QDA and CAQDAS and Evaluation
of Learning Needs” would like participants who have used qualitative data
analysis methods to complete our on-line questionnaire for stage 3 of the
project.

The project will produce a web-based materials for those needing support
with qualitative data analysis (QDA) and those learning to use a Computer
Assisted Qualitative Data Analysis Software (CAQDAS) package.

We are interested to hear about your experience of using qualitative data
analysis and any software you may have used. This will help us to ensure
the materials we develop address real issues.

Please click on this link to access the questionnaire:

http://emile.hud.ac.uk/hhs/research/caqdas/index.htm

We estimate it will take you 10 to 15 minutes to complete.

Researchers:
Graham R. Gibbs (Co-Director) and Celia Taylor, University of Huddersfield
Nigel Fielding (Co-Director) and Ann Lewins, University of Surrey

We also hope you might volunteer to take part in stages 4 and 5 of the
project which are listed below.

Stage 4 – User trial of a prototype version of the learning materials 2005
You will be testing a prototype of the learning materials and giving
feedback on the suitability of the delivery style. This is your chance to
influence what we include and how we present it.
Stage 5 – User trial of the full version of the learning materials 2005
You will be testing the full version of the learning materials and giving
feedback on the suitability of the topics covered and the delivery style.

If you are interested to be involved in one or both of the last 2 stages of
the project please email: [log in to unmask] or phone +44 (0) 1 484 47 36
11 for further information.
http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk/onlineqda/qdahome.htm

Many thanks

Celia Taylor