Dear Peter
I am involved in a similar task to your own except our planning phase was
four years ago and we are now into the third year of a four year undergrad B
Ed (Hons). I have based our work on the transferable or core skills (values
and dispositions!) obtained through the experience of Higher Education. I
too follow your progression  towards employment/employability - for us in
Year 4 that we are designing at this time.

There is an introduction, 4 sections on different aspects of student
learning and a section in each for students to enter their own reflections.
Please check out our website - [log in to unmask]
access as Guest 2 .

I would value your response. In our case, we have made the PDP belongs to
the student who may choose to use part/all of it as a focus for discussion
with relevant members of staff but has overall charge of the contents and
the use made of them. It is not assessed as we feel as soon as their is an
intended audience, it loses its honesty. Also we assess sufficiently (if not
too much!!!) and that is represented in the Transcript.     So why add to
that aspect of our impact on the students  and detract from its value to the
student in both ongoing reflection of growth and development and selected
use for other audiences?

Liz Cullen
Senior University Teacher
University of Glasgow