Baptism by SPRINKLING? Or by DRIPPING?  I have never heard of such a
practice!

Baptism may be validly conferred by dunking/immersion or by pouring. But
"sprinkling" or "dripping"?  No way!

Your question also _assumes_ that baptism by immersion was the original
method, quod erat demonstrandum.

Cheers,

Terrill Heaps
-------------------------------------
Cormack, Margaret Jean wrote:

> Dear List members,
> I´m trying to find out when and WHERE baptism by sprinkling takes
> over from baptism by immersion. I suspect that there are likely to be
> regional variations, and am particularly interested in the cooler parts
> of Europe - N. Germany and the British Isles, for example. I would
> most especially like to find out what the practice was in the Ireland,
> and Great Britain in the 9th -11th centuries.
> Thanks,
> Meg

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]