Another option (since the post regarded Kalamazoo?) is that the sender's
computer's date/time is incorrectly set back a year. THis is easy to do - I
once had a program that due to a power loss would from then on only work if
the computer were set back to that particular day. So, if I used that
program and then did not correct the date/time before sending e-mail, the
recievers would think I mailed it a year or so prior to that day's actual
date.

Nancy

Dear medieval-religion colleagues,

Thank you for your patience in regard to the old messages that have
strangely been appearing on the list. John Dillon and Rochelle Altman have
kindly written me in this regard; Rochelle believes (and I believe her) that
this is what can happen when someone's account has been closed by his/her
service provider or system administrator, and the person's mailbox has been
purged. It can happen in such cases that messages in the person's mailbox
are sent back out to the senders or recipients.

George

George Ferzoco
University of Leicester
University Road