Hello,

Here in Kirklees we're about to set up several spoken word CD collections.
I know that quite a few other library authorities have had collections for
several years and I've found it very useful looking back in the list
archives. I have 2 questions which didn't seem to be covered.
Are there any security problems with spoken word CD? Are you able to leave
the CDs in the cases on open access? And do you put any barcode
identifcation on them? One of our suppliers wants to label the CDs rather
than writing the barcode number on, so we have worries about labels peeling
off and CDs getting stuck in CD players etc.
Would be interested to hear any comments on these issues.

Many thanks,

Hilary Stokes

Huddersfield Sound & Vision Library