-----Original Message-----
From: Issues related to Sites & Monuments Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Poppy Sarah
Sent: 08 February 2005 11:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Scheduled Monuments on MAGIC

Hello all
Can anyone shed some light on this?

We have been told that at the last EH/ALGAO working party English
Heritage confirmed that the Scheduled Monument polygon layer on MAGIC
would in future be regarded by EH as the definitive areas for Scheduled
Monuments.  Following on it was decided that HERs could request a
digital data supply of SM  to ensure they had access to the definitive
data, which I have dutifully done!   I now look on MAGIC to see that
some of the SMs are still point data.  I assumed that a complete
polygonised dataset would be available.  How can a "indicative point" be
regarded as definitive? We are then referred back to the descriptions
for the definitive descriptions, which for the old schedulings don't
actually exist on the documentation...

Sarah
Sarah Poppy BA (Hons), MSc
Historic Environment Record Officer
Cambridgeshire Archaeology
Box ELH 1108
Cambridgeshire County Council
Shire Hall
Cambridge
CB3 0AP
Direct Dial: 01223 717312 (x7312)
Office Fax: 01223 362425
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www3.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/leisure/archaeology/

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this
email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately.
Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily
represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and
received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically
scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately: do not disclose the contents to any other person, or copy or store the contents.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Black Spider for the presence of computer viruses, although the Council cannot be responsible for any viruses which might be transferred, and you should carry out appropriate virus checks yourself.

www.blackspider.com