Diana,
Pastmap is excellent, but exactly the same suggestion could be made for
Canmore searches. There are lots of complex text search options but not
the most obvious one to me, which amounts to 'This is where I am (or am
going) - what's nearby?'
Thanks,
Andy

> Martin,
> I've found the new polygons on MAGIC to be a great improvement.
>
> Is there any way to make the PDF scheduling reports more easily
> accessible, like a text only search that doesn't involve going through
> the MAGIC map?
>
> What would be ideal is a search box where you enter a grid reference,
> press Search and it returns a text page with links to reports for the
> nearest 10 sites to that location.
>
> Best Regards,
> Andy
>

>> SM data was supplied to MAGIC in the 2nd week in January as attributed
>> polygons, to replace the points. The monthly update of the MAGIC website
>> is done around the middle of the month and is outside the control of EH.
>>
>> MAGIC have confirmed that the polygons will be loaded on or around the
>> 15th February as normal.
>>
>> Martin

NOTE: My e-mail address [log in to unmask] and site
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~aburnham/stones.htm are closing
Please update your web links to http://www.megalithic.co.uk
The Megalithic Portal
http://www.megalithic.co.uk
The huge ancient site database with maps, news, community features
"a wonderful guide" - the New York Times
"useful, fun, and accurate" - Archaeology Magazine
An independent web site funded totally by our Online Shop
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/shop