Following the Breaking the Cycle report, The Social Exclusion Unit (SEU)
are carrying out a co-ordinated set of projects to support the
Government’s work to reform public services to open opportunity to
excluded people.

One of these projects aims to improve access to mainstream services for
disadvantaged adults.  In particular the project will focus upon people
with poor basic skills; disabled people and people with long term health
conditions and people from certain ethnic minority groups (including but
not limited to Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Black African, Black Caribbean
backgrounds and faith groups that are similarly disadvantaged).  It is
anticipated that it will primarily look at health, education, employment,
housing, parenting, advice, criminal justice, transport and social care
services.

Inclusion has been commissioned to review the evidence that exists in this
area. We want to know about where mainstream services are engaging well
and poorly with vulnerable groups and examples of how mainstream service
delivery could be or has been improved. We are also interested in any more
general evidence such as patterns of use, service take-up rates or access
issues for these groups. We are not just looking for academic papers. We
want to highlight new evidence that has not yet been fully disseminated or
been included by previous evidence reviews and this might take any number
of forms. Evidence does not need to relate to your own project,
organisation or area.

It would be therefore great if you could help us by filling in this short
email survey. Completing it is your opportunity to tell us about any kind
of written research evidence that you want the Social Exclusion Unit to
consider. For example we will be looking at project evaluation reports,
annual reviews, customer satisfaction surveys and local consultations as
well as academically published research.

If you have evidence that you can contribute to this study, can provide it
electronically or in paper format please access the web-link below, follow
the instructions and then click to submit.

http://www.cesi.org.uk/seu.htm

Could you also take two minutes to consider whether any of your colleagues
or contacts that may not have received this survey would be able to
contribute to the surely. If so please forward this email onto them.

If you require further details about this project we can provide a letter
from the Social Exclusion on request or otherwise please contact Matt
Hudson at Inclusion on [log in to unmask] or 0207 840 8323.

Thanks for your help!

Matt Hudson
Researcher
Centre for Economic and Social Inclusion
www.cesi.org.uk