From: Accident and Emergency Academic List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Adrian Fogarty
Sent: 17 February 2005 16:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tachycardic ECG

But VT is fundamentally regular; this trace is not!

Peter Cutting <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hmm..... well
Could it be bursts of VT overlying fast AF? .........after all capture
and fusion beats are 'pathognomic of VT' in all those text books!
I have shown this to quite a lot of folk and there are lots of
opinions
Peter

Dr Peter A Cutting
Consultant in Emergency Medicine
Leeds General Infirmary
Tel 0113 3926470
Fax 0113 3922810

>>> [log in to unmask] 15:15:57 17/02/2005 >>>
Now that's more like it (couldn't see these on the original trace). Am
coming round to Cliff's point of view more and more. Being irregular,
it's got to be some form of AF. But with mixed morphology, including
capture/fusion beats, suggests an accessory pathway is operating. Are we
on the right track? And if so, that's precisely the one situation where
you DON'T give adenosine (WPW with AF) I seem to recall (although
clearly will make little difference in this particular case).

AF

Peter Cutting wrote:
These any help?
Peter

Dr Peter A Cutting
Consultant in Emergency Medicine
Leeds General Infirmary
Tel 0113 3926470
Fax 0113 3922810

>>> [log in to unmask] 14:38:51 17/02/2005 >>>
Oh, forgot to mention, I can't see any capture of fusion beats.

AF

[log in to unmask] wrote:
At the risk of;
i- Bringing the list into disrepute by putting something academic,
emergency & medical on it (sorry)
ii- Crashing slow non-broadband computers (really sorry)

What do you think this ECG shows?

(She had a pulse was (and still is)talking, was pain free and
remarkably had a systolic of 108)

Clearly I know what happened but I am interested in your thoughts,
especially re capture/fusion beats

Cheers
Peter Cutting

This e-mail has been scanned by the StreamShield Protector antivirus
system.

Doctors.net.uk is used by over 110,000 UK doctors.