Just to say I'm new to the list- I'm just beginning the dissertation phase of an MA in 'Celtic Christianity' (Lampeter). I hope to explore how the holy wells, along with the early litanies of Ireland, were 'tools' in the transfer of faith. It's about the subtle move from the loric to the universal- the process of assimilation and maybe how the 'good pagan' was redeemable!
Is there anyone who knows anything about this process or knows of a longtitudinal study of a well/s than span the pagan/christian liminal period?
 Thanks.