> If it's a shared partition it may not be lhcb files which are the problem.
> My money would be on atlas, who seem quite good at it, they apparently
> filled 1.7 Tb at NIKHEF ...

Sorry for the delay - I was in a meeting earlier.

Correct, it's 99.7% Atlas. On an admittedly small SE (I'm working on it).

I'm not clear that it's my responsibility to clean up after experiments,
but since it's turned into a talking point I've just done a
    find atlas -atime +31 | xargs rm
which has had the desired effect!

What's the correct reporting route for this sort of experimental (mis)use?
Does each experiment's administrator have an email address tucked away in
a file somewhere?

Lawrie Lowe.