Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gordon, JC (John) said:
> Alessandra, if you rewrite the SE info provider with one
> using quotas I am
> sure many people will be grateful. It has to be group quotas
> as an SA is associated with a VO.

I think the question in my mind is what tool is being used to enforce the
quotas, and what it actually does when a gridftp connection (or indeed
several in parallel, maybe with parallel streams) hits the limit? Assuming
any quota tool has something to query the quota used, changing the info
provider should be easy.

> I would be surprised if there were many serious SEs with only one disk
> though, but there may be many with RAID arrays which only
> have one partition across many disks.

Of course, another longstanding problem is that you can't have more than one
disk/partition per VO per SE ...

Stephen