Brad,

On 2005 Jan 10 , at 20.24, Brad Cavanagh wrote:

> Norman Gray wrote:
>> With this, and a few-line change to ccdwish.c, ccdpack builds on OSX
>> (as long as you have an X server running, of course).
>
> But it built fine for me before you made these changes...? I checked
> out a
> clean version on Friday and CCDPACK built fine.

This is slightly depressing.  This was failing for me perfectly
consistently around ADASS time, though I never got around to really
addressing it until now (I closed my eyes _really_ tightly and crossed
my fingers, and it _still_ didn't go away).  The thing is that I
thought I understood fully why it couldn't work, from looking at the
gcc-g77 sources.  I know you've been building the full set of
components, but I had the impression that this was because you'd made a
variety of by-hand fixes to compiler/linker options, rather than
because unattended 'make world' was working for you.

 From the path you quote in one of your messages, I get the impression
you're using gcc-g77 3.4.1 from Fink, whereas I'm using gcc-g77 3.3.3
from OpenDarwin.  However the relevant parts of libg77 are unchanged
between the two versions.  It might be that they're  built in slightly
different ways, so that the relevant getarg symbols don't end up
undefined in this context.  Damn -- I thought I'd understood enough
about these libraries to be quite confident about this.

Dipso didn't build for me, from 'make world', though I remember
deciding that was weird on other grounds, and I've just touched
.../manifests/dipso for now.  It's currently chugging through ... it's
failed on GAIA, with the same coalesced-symbols warnings as you
reported, plus a few more.

Watch this space,

Norman

Norman Gray  :  Physics & Astronomy, Glasgow University, UK
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/  :  www.starlink.ac.uk