> Malcolm: I'm currently generating the `recent commits' page into
> cvs.starlink.ac.uk/~nxg/.  Are you planning any location in the new web
> order for such static/generated web pages?

Yes.  That would be a link in the Software->Developers page.  I want the
web pages to be a co-operative effort once we have a framework and style
sheets.

If we have master sources of information, it is preferable to use those
for dynamic pages, than keep a separate HTML list that will become out
of date.

Something that maintains a page listing the software items including
contacts and e-mail addresses, like [log in to unmask], is needed for
users.  I'd like to divide it into groups:  classic applications and
libraries, and likewise for Java.  Most users will look at the
applications first.

I'm still playing around with some tools to determine what's useable.
Hitherto it's the lack of documentation that's made them harder to use
than actually coding the CSS manually.  I'm awaiting some books
including a CSS Cookbook.

Malcolm