Reading the anxiety dreams of others led me to have an anxiety dream last
night even though I have been retired more years than I wish to remember.
It was the standard dream: the deadline was soon approaching for me to give
a lecture but I couldn't find the lecture room. I didn't have a manuscript
to read; I didn't even know my topic. Often I ask for directions as I
wander through a busy city but I never find the place. Last night the
darkened city was deserted, and I met no one until I entered a
fortress-like, concrete building where I met an elderly woman. I have met
her in many dreams and know her as my anima: she is grey-haired, very
short, very powerfully built, ugly and totally terrifying. Often she is
behind a door to grab me as I enter a room but last night she directed me
to a flight of stairs that led ever downward. After a while I realized that
it was far too late to give the lecture, and also that I was deep
underground. At that point I woke up.    Bert