From: qual-software [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Judith A Aldridge
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 7:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for Temp Lecturer in Qual Methods: Late Notice!

I am looking for someone to teach a postgraduate module on
Qualitative Research Methods due to a very hastily arranged
sabbatical from teaching.  I admit that may request provides you
with little notice: the module starts on Thursday 3 February (1pm
to 3pm) at the University of Manchester and runs for 11 weeks
(excluding 3 weeks at Easter).

I have available a course syllabus for the teacher to make use of
as required.  Experience with qualitative research is essential, as
are appropriate qualifications.  Students on the module (about
30) have a range of backgrounds, with about half having a
medical background and interested in carrying out health
research projects, and the remainder, with varying backgrounds,
being interested in criminological research.  This kind of
discipline specific knowledge is not essential, but it is useful to
provide examples from within those disciplines for illustrative
purposes.

If you are interested, please get in touch as soon as possible.

Regards,

Judith Aldridge

Judith Aldridge, Lecturer, School of Law
Director, BSocSc Criminology & Social Policy
Room 4.59, Williamson Building, Oxford Road
University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL UK
Phone: 0161 275 4765/4764  Fax: 0161 275 4724/4922
email: [log in to unmask]
website: www.les1.man.ac.uk/dass/