In Lincolnshire we are reviewing our overdue procedures and charges with
a view to making the service more inclusive and accessible to users. A
search of the Archive has brought up some discussion on this topic
several years ago but I am interested to hear from anyone who has
recently made radical changes e.g ceasing to send out overdue notices,
using SMS messaging for sending reminders,reducing charges etc. and how
successful or otherwise this has been in increasing usage. I would also
be interested to hear how Audit concerns about stewarding the
authoritie's assets have been addressed

Alison Peden
Acting Operations Manager
Library Support Services
Lincolnshire Library Service
01522 552852

Note: We are a Microsoft Office site.  Our base version is 4.3.  Please make sure
that files you send can be read in this format.

Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited save unless expressly authorised by the sender.

The information contained in this message is intended for the named
recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you
are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering this to the addressee,
you may not copy, distribute or take action in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender(s)
immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete as soon as possible
the message from your computer.