Anne,

It is not an answer to your request for paper copies but there might perhaps
be general interest in the fact that the Mercator's World website - removed
when the journal ceased publication - is still available via the web
archive, the 'Wayback Machine' < http://www.archive.org/web/web.php > [in
this case enter: www.mercatorsworld.com/  and then click on the latest date
(for some reason, June 2003)].   Or, for the list of issues, go straight to
<
http://web.archive.org/web/20030605131117/www.mercatorsworld.com/archives.phtml
>.  One or two articles per issue used to be mounted on the site and all (as
far as I know) are still available there, i.e. from the first issue in
Jan/Feb 1996 up to the last in March/Apr. 2003 (vol. 8, no.2).

I had taken the trouble to list all of those relating to the history of
cartography on 'Map History, but suppressed the entries when the journal
collapsed.  I am not sure if I have the strength to change the individual
URLs to the Wayback versions.

Given that the journal defaulted on its subscriptions, there seems every
reason for people to take what advantage they can.

Tony
Tony Campbell
76 Ockendon Road
London N1 3NW
UK

Tel: 020 7359 6477  International: +44 20 7359 6477
'Map History / History of Cartography: THE Gateway to the Subject'
http://www.maphistory.info/