Pete Johnston wrote:

> But for now I'd like to try to establish
>
> (a) whether what I've proposed here will work, or whether I've missed
> something(!)
> (b) whether we should adopt 1(a) or 1(b)
>
> (I started off in favour of 1(a) to avoid generating redundant copies,
> but I think I'm now in favour of 1(b) to simplify the maintainance of
> the cross-references).

Hi Pete,

Thanks for working on this.  I think what you propose will work, and I
too think I would prefer the 1(b) solution.  Not only would it
simplify the maintenance, it might also better facilitate portability.
  In some cases, people might like to keep local copies of the
schemas, and it would be easier to just be able to copy all the
related scheme at once and put them in a directory and now that all
the references will keep working.

Kind regards,
        Tom Habing