Cancel the debt for tsunami countries:
--------------------------------------

The UK Government is backing plans for the temporary suspension of debt repayments for the countries worst affected by the tsunami disaster. This would provide only £1.6 billion in relief, yet these countries currently spend more than £23 billion every year in debt repayments. The World Development Movement is calling for the UK Government to cancel, not just suspend, the debts of the tsunami disaster countries to enable them to recover and rebuild more quickly.

Find out what we've been saying to the media in the last seven days:
http://www.wdm.org.uk/presrel/current/tsunamienews.htm

Join our campaign for the cancellation of the debts of all the world's poorest countries:
http://www.wdm.org.uk/campaign/debtenews.htm

Mark Curtis
Director

Whatever you Wanadoo