Peter
I see the whole thing going belly up.  I don't know if you saw the current BMJ advert for out of hours Docs but Westcall based in West Berks are offering £130,000 a year for a 40 hr week and 6 weeks holiday.  Unfortunately I'm not sufficiently qualified enough as I am not GPVTS certified.  There will be an exodus of Staff Grades and even the younger Consultants into Primary Care where al the resources are placed.

More of my colleagues in Primary Care are happy to entrust their patients to our care particularly late at night, weekends, Xmas and New year.

BTW older members of the list remember my total detestation of the term "Streaming".  Patients are patients and cannot be streamed it is another term brought in by the quasi managers and quasi neo-acaedemics of our profession who equate running a hospital with a car production plant.

Best wishes to the list for the New Year and may 2005 be less stressful and more rewarding and may you all have a healthy and long life.  BTW this is the first chance I have had to open my PC for 10 days as I have been so busy.

Danny McGeehan