Dear Zooarch,

        I've been asked to post an enquiry about non-domestic cat remains in the UK, from the Roman period onwards, for a chap who's writing a review of UK cats from the Pleistocene to the present. He's also interested in any documentary records, inscriptions, etc., that mention Roman importation of cats into the country, for entertainment or any other purpose. The only big cat (Panthera) remains I'm aware of are lions and a leopard from the Tower of London, a lion from Yorkshire and leopards from London. If there are any others I'd like to know too!!

Please send me any info and I'll pass it on,

Thanks and Happy Easter,

Hannah.

Dr Hannah J. O'Regan,
Research Centre in Evolutionary Anthropology and Palaeoecology,
School of Biological & Earth Sciences,
Liverpool John Moores University,
Liverpool,
L3 3AF.