Finbar McCormick (1999) is mentioning one sample in a megalithic tomb at Ballycarty, Co. Kerry (presumably prehistoric) and a possible one at High Island, Co. Galway (medieval), the original information is from Margeret McCarty (UC Cork).
Perhaps you are already in contact with these people, otherwise
Finbar McCormick: [log in to unmask]
Margaret McCarty : [log in to unmask]
I would be very interested to know more about shrews on the Atlantic seaboard, as I am starding to work on the question on our French coast during late prehistory
all the best
Anne