Late with it again... but in response to Ian Baxter's original suspicion of pig
chewing (and Umberto's call for onlist responsses), stuff on pig tooth marks
in:

Berryman, H. E. 2002. "Disarticulated pattern and tooth mark artifacts
associated with pig scavenging of human remains: A case study," in Advances in
Forensic Taphonomy: Method, Theory and Archaeological Perspectives. Edited by
W. Haglund and M. Sorg, pp. 487-495. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.

Although also another interesting short note in:
Galdikas, B. M. F. 1978. Orangutan death and scavenging by pigs. Science
200:68-70.

In my own experience of experiments with carcasses and scavengers (including
feral pigs), pigs can be very significant as scavengers but aren't big bone
chewers. I.e., they aren't big bone modifiers, despite having an enormous
potential for being assemblage modifiers, if you know what I mean.

Oliver Brown