Dear Zooarchers,

the message that Ian Baxter has just sent in which he thanks 'all who replied'
highlights what is becoming an increasingly serious problem with Zooarch. In
fact we have not seen any of these replies. It is of course up to the
individual subscribers to decide whether they want to share their information
with the whole list or not and there are certainly cases in which it is more
appropriate to reply to the individual rather than the list. However, Jacqui
and I feel that information sharing is what Zooarch is about and we would like
to encourage everybody to be more generous in spreading their information and
ideas. You simply need to choose the 'reply to all' option to send the message
to the whole list. We don't want to go back to the system we used to have when
all replies were automatically sent to the list as that tended to cause privacy
problems, so we need to rely on the good will of individual subscribers. We
strongly feel that Zooarch is doing terrificly well - we now have more than 600
members - but I am sure that you will all appreciate that it is necessary to
keep an eye on its developments to make sure that we carry on improving.

I would like to take the opportunity to remind everybody that attachments should
not be sent to the list. With the help of the French site 'Archeozoo' we are
trying to solve this problem through the creation of a 'zooarch support'
webpage. Watch this space for more information.

All the best,
Umberto

--
Umberto Albarella
Department of Archaeology

"No co-operation in military matters should be an
essential moral principle for all true scientists"
Albert Einstein

for information about TAG 2005 see:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/tag2005/index.html