Hi all,

I am testing an osteometric system for identifying bird bones on a historic
assemblage in Australia. My reference measurement database is full of native
birds as it was designed for prehistoric assemblages. So I have no chicken,
domestic duck, turkey or goose measurements in it, and strangely enough can't
really get a hold of material to fill in this gap. Does anyone have
measurements of chooks and geese that they could give me? I'm using Von den
Dreisch's (1976) measurement protocol (which is the same as Cohen & Serjeantson
(1996) as far as I can gather), but could get something out of any greatest
length, etc measurements. Mallard would be handy too, come to think of it as I
have some feral Australian ones and Pacific Black Duck (which is almost
conspecific, if such an 'almost' is possible), so it would be interesting to
look at anyway.

Many thanks in advance,

Oliver Brown

--