In a message dated 3/10/2005 7:35:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

in view  of your reasons for asking this question, you (and other zooarch
list  members) might be interested in an article which will appear in
tomorrow's  (March 11th) edition of the Journal 'Science' entitled:

"Worldwide  Phylogeography of Wild Boar Reveals Multiple Centers of Pig
Domestication"  by Greger Larson, Keith Dobney, Umberto Albarella,
Meiying Fang, Elizabeth  Matisoo-Smith, Judith Robins, Stewart Lowden,
Heather Finlayson, Tina  Brand, Eske Willerslev, Peter Rowley-Conwy, Leif
Andersson & Alan  Cooper.

I think congratulations are in order. I can't say I'm surprised at the
notion of multiple centers of domestication for any animal, but any supporting
evidence is certainly welcome.

Erik  Filean, M.A.
Department of Anthropology
114 Macbride Hall