In a message dated 3/2/2005 2:11:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Dear  Erik,

I don't have a sample of modern cattle metapodials to provide but  I was
wondering whether you are aware of the important Munich dissertation  carried
out on modern cattle by Fock (1966) Metrische Untursuchungen an  Metapodien
einiger europaischer Rinderrassen. I don't have a copy but maybe  somebody
from
Munich may be able to help?

There is also a French  dissertation by Claude Guintard entitled "Etude
Osteometrique des Metapodes  de Bovins: la race Charolaise". Not sure whether
this has ever been  published, does anybody know?

A few years ago I wrote a paper on the  subject which includes more