Dear colleagues,
I am interested about the cattle infectious diseases which had a big
impact for the local cattle populations in the Eastern Europe for the
period from early Mediaeval period till the historic times. For today
are known many infectious diseases, but earlier the animal disease
nature was not always clearly known. I wish to know if there are any
facts about huge epidemic disease, caused by cattle plague, or something
similar, happened in the period from 12 century till 17 century in the
Eastern Europe, especially Poland, Russia, Latvia? If yes, how big was
economical impact, which part of the population died, which disease was
the reason?
Key words: Cattle population, infectious disease, Mediaeval period,
plague.

Jurgita Baubliene
doctoral student
Lithuanian veterinary academy