Ed,

sorry for the long delay in getting these old refs to you. They may be
of some use!

Keith

Dobney, K.M. and Brothwell, D.R. (1986). Dental calculus: its relevance
to ancient diet and oral ecology in E. Cruwys and R.A. Foley (eds.),
Teeth and Anthropology, B.A.R. International Series 291.

Dobney, K.M. and Brothwell, D.R. (1987). A method for evaluating the
amount of dental calculus on teeth from archaeological sites. Journal of
Archaeological Science 14.

Dobney, K.M. and Brothwell, D.R. (1988). A scanning electron microscope
study of archaeological dental calculus in S. Olsen (ed.), Scanning
electron microscopy in archaeology. B.A.R. International Series 452.

Dobney, K. M. (1994). Study of the dental calculus, pp. 507-21 in
Lilley, J. M., Stroud, G., Brothwell, D. R. and Williamson, M. H., The
Jewish burial ground at Jewbury. The Archaeology of York 12 (3), 295-578
+ loose Figs. 187-89. York: Council for British Archaeology

--

Dr Keith Dobney
Department of Archaeology

Tel: +44 (0)191 334 1119