Dear All

There seems to be some misunderstanding. It is not an
explanation of the formula for converting metres (or inches) into
hands which I require (I understand and have used this method); it
is the full reference for the Clutton Brock article in which this
method is given. (I want to add it to my bibliography).

Thanks anyway
Angela Fitzpatrick