Theo de Jong studied a number of Medieval horse skeletons from Eindhoven
with this sort of condition. The fusion of the vertebrae was very
extensive. I don't know where/if he has published this material.

Regards,
Marsha Levine

--
Dr. Marsha Levine, McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research
University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3ER, England