Hi,

'Bog lame' is not a disease as such but one of many colloquial names for
some of the symptoms associated with phosphorous deficiency. Blood, DC and
Studdert, VP (1998)'Bailliere's comprehensive veterinary dictionary' note
that "phosphorous nutritional deficiency cause rickets in the young and
osteomalacia in adult ruminants". They also list various associated soft
tissue symptoms.

I would suggest more detail could be gleaned from any decent animal
husbandry book on the keeping of sheep and cattle. I don't have any to hand
here but they shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Hope that helps,
Simon McGrory.