Hi everybody

I’m toward the correction of all EPI deformations due to movement,
static field inhomogeneties and interactions of both:

That’s why I have some questions regarding the toolbox “Realign and
Unwarp” and the tool “Fieldmap” developed by Chloe Hutton and Jesper
Andersson

Realigning:

1.      In the defaults of Realign one can set a mask which is
automatically calculated as the inverse of the variance in each voxel.
This is can be set when speech is performed or severe artifacts are
present. Are usual EPI artifacts considered as severe?

Creating fieldmaps to unwarp EPI images

2.      How can I input the VDM generated by “FieldMap” file in the
“Realign & Unwarp” defaults
3.      Following the introduction of a VDM fieldmap in “Realign &
Unwarp”, does it make the same unwarping process that “FieldMap”? I
mean, does it use the same theory and procedures? Does apply a Jacobian
Modulation too?

Pedro Antonio Valdés Hernández

Neurophysics Department,

Cuban Neuroscience Center.