hi, Darren,

Thanks for your quickly reply. I know that Beta values do not directly represent the signal change. But many paper reported the beta (task) as the percent signal change associated with that task, as mentioned in one of Will's mail http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind04&L=spm&P=R392137&I=-1.

Thus, i am wondering what reference i can cite if i also use the beta in my paper.

thanks and best,

hengyi